Special Instructions for Using the Noel Library General Catalogue
Searches in The James Smith Noel Collection
1. Go to www.lsus.edu/library/
2. Click on “find books and other materials (LSUS Library Catalog)”
3. Click on “advanced search”
4. Scroll down to “pubyear” and type “1450–1800” (without quotation marks)
5. Press “enter” or click “search”
6. Please note that some materials published after 1801 may also be retrieved, but the majority of the items in the listing will be pre–1801 items.
7. Please note that most of the listed items will be located in the Noel Collection but that a few of them will be located in other areas of the library.